Transform your backyard into an entertaining oasis with these outdoor kitchen ideas that include a grilling station, prep area, sink, and other fabulous amenities. When designing your outdoor kitchen, you may wish to consider where on your property would be the best placement.
You should also think about the layout, functionality, what appliances you would like to have, good task lighting, whether you want an integrated bar or a separate dining space, and of course your budget. From built-in grills to poolside dining, the collection of outdoor kitchen ideas that we have collected for you below will be the perfect inspiration for all your outdoor entertaining needs.
Tell Us: Which one of these outdoor kitchen ideas did you find most inspiring and why in the Comments below!
1. Traditional Style Patio. This outdoor kitchen includes a built-in grilling station, cooktop, and beverage chiller. There is an integrated weather-resistant TV inset into the backsplash. (via Atlanta Audio & Automation)
2. A Cozy Seaside Patio. A front yard in San Francisco was designed to maximize all usable space. This outdoor kitchen is entertainment-ready with separate dining and living area that includes a large fireplace for warmth and ambiance. This outdoor space is about 1,000 square feet, not including landscape frontage on the outside of the wall. (via SSA Landscape Architects)
3. Create A Backyard Oasis. This Mediterranean-style outdoor kitchen idea in Pasadena, California features a pizza oven, grilling station, and plenty of countertop space for prep. A built-in seating area between the countertop and fireplace is the perfect spot to keep warm while keeping an eye on the food while it’s cooking. (via Navarro Construction)
4. Countryside Outdoor Kitchen. This beautiful U-shaped outdoor kitchen in New York State features fieldstone walls with bluestone countertops and copper lanterns. The lanterns on the bar are perfect for evening time ambiance and task lighting. There are hooks next to the grills to conveniently hang the bbq utensils. (via Haver & Skolnick LLC Architects)
5. A Garden Patio. This intimate outdoor kitchen area features a brick wall with a wood privacy screen integrated above. A pizza oven and grill will satisfy all your outdoor entertaining needs, along with a long table for alfresco dining. (via Burbeck Interiors)
6. Fire Brick Oven With A View. This backyard kitchen in Jacksonville, Florida features an outdoor brick oven for baking pizza, fun for the whole family. An evening image shows how the pizza oven can also provide a wonderful ambiance when the sun goes down. (via Pratt Guys)
7. Urban Outdoor Living. To create a colonial outdoor living space, this patio of a home in Boston was gut renovated. This space features three distinct zones: cooking, dining, and lounging. Whether you are firing up the built-in gas grill or dining alfresco, this space brings the inside out. On the floor are heated bluestones. (via Trevor Fulmer Design)
8. Traditional Style Outdoor Kitchen. Despite its compact size, this outdoor kitchen of a home in the heart of Chicago has extensive cooking capabilities. A Kalamazoo K750HB Hybrid Fire Grill is the heart of this outdoor kitchen. Integrated beverage drawers make entertaining a breeze. (via Kalamazoo Outdoor Gourmet)
9. Outdoor Kitchen with A Pizza Oven. This hillside home in San Deigo features a Mediterranean-style outdoor kitchen, providing a family with an outdoor retreat in their own backyard. This outdoor kitchen includes a BBQ, warming drawers, an outdoor refrigerator, a prep station, and a wood-fired pizza oven (there is also a gas option if you’re in a hurry). (via Design Studio West)
10. Modern Outdoor Kitchen. The island measures 36″ wide by 14′-0″ long. It is standard kitchen countertop height (36″ high) on the backside. The side where the bar stools are is standard bar height – 42″ high. It is covered in a spilt face black slate. The Bull Outdoor Built-In Ice Chest allows you to chill your drinks easier and have them on hand outdoors.
This ice chest is fully insulated to keep your beverages cold for hours. You can build the bin into your outdoor kitchen area. Constructed of stainless steel it is fully insulated and comes complete with a drain. The floating wrap-around dining bench and wall cladding were constructed out of Ipe. The Ipe was sealed with a Penofin sealer which brings out the rich color of the wood. (via Michael Norpell Wall To Wall)
11. Poolside Outdoor Kitchen. A backyard oasis features an in-ground pool and patio along with this amazing outdoor kitchen. The countertops are concrete. The redwood table was designed by Martha Carvalho. The built-in bench and stumps were designed by her as well. Different spaces can be easily accommodated as all of the pieces are custom built/designed. (via Mosby Building Arts)
12. An Entertainer’s Delight. This outdoor kitchen and dining area are surrounded by nature in sunny California. The countertops are concrete. The redwood table was designed by Martha Carvalho. The built-in bench and stumps were designed by her as well. Different spaces can be easily accommodated as all of the pieces are custom built/designed. See the rest of this incredible home here: Beautiful Mill Valley retreat with a treehouse feel. (via Urrutia Design)
13. Lake House Kitchen. This gorgeous covered porch features a built-in bar and kitchen with a sink, grill, and Big Green Egg. A weather-resistant TV completes this fantastic outdoor living space. The timber frame ceiling is by Accent Truss. See the rest of this spectacular home tour here: Timber frame home with farmhouse interiors overlooking Lake Keowee. (via Wright Design)
14. Indoor/Outdoor Kitchen. Inside is the main kitchen sink, and outside is a handy outdoor sink. Things can be passed through the slider windows. This small pergola-covered patio area also has a gas grill, a side burner, a roll-out trash can, and lots of storage in the stainless steel cabinets. (via The Home Improvements Group)
15. Covered Wood Deck. The cabinets used in this project are waterproof, outdoor cabinets by Naturekast. Granite countertops provide plenty of space for prep. There is a grill and a Big Green Egg that can be used as a smoker, a grill, and an oven, and you can cook literally any food on it year-round. A small fridge keeps food and beverages chilled. A weather-resistant TV provides outdoor entertainment for family and friends. (via Omega Construction and Design)
16. Intimate Outdoor Pavillion. This kitchen, dining, and lounging area feature a cedar-clad ceiling and an abundance of amenities. The grill is Goldstein and the pizza oven is a Black Panther. The integrated fridge is custom designed for the space. (via Rolling Stone Landscapes)
17. Pizza Oven Kitchen. The decking is Tallowwood, which is a very pale color and stained darker. The kitchen countertop and backsplash are Bluestone, which is a very similar look to concrete. The cabinetry doors are cedar.
18. Outdoor Pavilion Kitchen. In the backyard of a Washington DC home, the pavilion is 16′ square under the roof. The straight bar is 3′ wide and runs the length of the pavilion. The curved bar has a 2′ wide workspace counter and a 2′ wide countertop/dining area. The veneer stone is a precast concrete veneer called “Fieldstone” manufactured by Centurion Stone. (via Iris Design Associates)
You are reading an article curated by: https://onekindesign.com/