Here’s a review of the controls, since there are so many!
- Press the down button on the left Joy-Con to enter decorating mode
- Press the right button to open storage and select available furniture items
- Press the up button to change the weather and time of day outdoors
- Press the left button on the left Joy-Con to change the season
- Press the + button to alternate between editing fencing, furniture and laying paths
- In Decorating Mode, hover over the home to press X and customize the exterior siding, roof, shape and more
Congrats! Now that you’re here you’ve unlocked decorating outdoors and can place furniture, change the weather and season, and edit the look of the home you’re decorating.
How to Customize Vacation Homes in Happy Home Paradise
In Decorating Mode, hover over the home to press X and customize the exterior siding, roof, shape and more. You can select the following:
- Door Decoration
Note that on some houses, not all features will be available. For example, on the brick house that looks like the default house you receive on your island, siding is not able to be edited.
When you’ve finished decorating outdoors, you can move to the interior be entering the house and working on the inside!